The contacts made in business networking are useful in a number of ways such as growing your business, reaching new clients or in reinforcing your own professional reputation. It is especially important to hit the right note when you meet new people in a networking situation and have to introduce yourself or when you are offered the chance to make a short pitch to the group about your business.
Prepare and practise a few sentences and be able to deliver this pitch confidently at the drop of hat.
1. Your name /your company: essential of course.
2. What is special about you /the company: awards, qualifications, experience.
3. What you offer: in a few sentences with strong focus on the benefits for the customer.
4. What you are looking for: referrals, new opportunities, meetings.
5. The sign-off: repeat or emphasise a point you want the listener to remember.
How to be great networker is Tip 19 in “52 Brilliant Communication Tips” by Maureen Steele